Permathane® SM5731 is a one-component, neutral cure, medium modulus, non-corrosive silicone sealant with excellent adhesion to PVC, aluminum, glass and a variety of painted surfaces without priming. GALVALUME® and ZINCALUME® coated metals require an amine free and acetic acid free silicone sealant for long-term performance.
- Remains permanently elastic
- Excellent adhesion to clean GALVALUME®, GALVALUME PLUS®, ACRYLUME®, PVC, Kynar 500® and painted metal surfaces
- Will not attack GALVALUME® or ZINCALUME® coated metals
- Tensile strength (ASTM D412 Method “A”) Clear color 100 psi, Colors 260 psi
- Elongation (ASTM D412) 400%
- Recovery (ASTM D412) 100%
- C-Tear (ASTM D624) 25 psi
- Tack-Free Time 10 minutes 1/4” bead @77°F, 50% R.H.
- Cure time 10 hours 1/4” bead @ 77°F, 50% R.H.
- Service Temperature Range: -60°F to 300°F (-51°C to 149°C)
- Not paintable
- Excellent weatherability when exposed to ultraviolet, radiation, rain and atmospheric hydrocarbons and extremes in temperature
- 9.9 oz. Cartridge (30 Cartridges / Case)
- Federal Specification TT-S-001543A
- Type NS and TT-S-00230C, Type II, Class A
- ASTM C920, Type S, Grade NS, Class 25
- AAMA 802.3-92 (Type I and II)
- AAMA 805.2-94 Group C